Living in Groningen starts with a place to stay! Some find rooms in the blink of an eye, some have more issues when it comes to finding a new "home". Please use the tabs to see information on finding a room, contract issues and general concerns regarding your room!
Watch out for swindlers! They will try to persuade you to pay in advance for a room that is not theirs to rent out or doesn’t even exist. Always take the following precautions:
- NEVER pay rent and/or the deposit in advance when you haven’t seen the room yet! • Not even to Dutch postal companies like TNT who supposedly will send you the key of the room after you’ve paid them (they do not provide this service!)
• Never use Money Gram or Western Union to pay your ‘landlord’!
- NEVER send copies of your ID!
• And don’t trust the copy of the ID that was send to you; it probably belongs to a previous victim
- Google the name and email address of the person you’re in contact with
- Be on your guard when the ‘landlord’ doesn’t live in the Netherlands
- Nevertheless a victim to swindle/fraud? Report it to the police!
Want to buy tickets for our activities? Want to get the ESN Card? Or need some help? We are open on all weekdays!
Monday: 13.00 - 16.00
Tuesday: 13.00 - 16.00
Wednesday: 13.00 - 16.00
Thursday: 13.00 - 19.00
Friday: 13.00 - 16.00
If you want to sign up for activities you need to bring your ESN Card. If you'd like to buy tickets for friends too, don't forget to bring their details (incl ESN Card number).