- Where can I buy a ticket?
You can buy a ticket online here (https://www.eventbrite.nl/e/esn-introduction-week-tickets-40180231153?ref=ecal). We will sell tickets in the Academy Building, room A8, 31st of January from 10.00 until 16.00. You can also buy your ticket during the Welcome Day of the University of Groningen or the Hanze University of Applied Sciences. The Welcoming Day of the UG is February 1st in the Martini Church. We will sell tickets from 16.30 until 19.30. The Welcoming Day of the Hanze is the 2nd of February in the Willem Alexander Sport center. Here we will sell tickets from 12.30 until 14.30.
You cannot buy a ticket in our office. There is a chance tickets will be sold out during these days, so we recommend buying a ticket online.
- What does the ESN Introduction Week cost?
A ticket costs €35.00. This includes access to all the activities, parties, and the three dinners.
- I have an international creditcard, can I pay online with this?
We accept many payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, SEPA, iDeal, and Paypal.
Almost every foreign credit card is accepted, so also cards of non-Dutch banks. It might be that service costs turn out higher.
- I will arrive late on Friday, is that a problem?
No, this is not a problem. Our office will be open from 20.00 – 22.30, so you can come here to pick up your wristband, goodie bag, and the information about your group, so you can go there to meet them and enjoy the rest of the program with your group.
- I have plans during the first weekend, is it possible to only join the second part of the Introduction Week?
No, unfortunately this is not possible. Friday you meet your group and Introduction Guides, so we want people to be available this day. For the parties we sell tickets at the door. These will cost €5.00.
- Can I be placed in a group with my friend?
We use a computer program to divide the groups randomly. Therefore it is not possible to be placed in a group with your friend. But the groups are mainly important for the dinners and day programs, during other activities, like the parties, you will all be together.
- I have classes from the 5th of February (Monday) onwards, can I go to these classes?
Yes, because the semester starts the Monday of the Introduction Week, we make sure we don’t have day programs anymore on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The program starts around 17.00 or 18.00 again, so you can go to your classes during the day.
- I am not a first year or exchange student, can I participate in the Introduction Week?
Yes, our Introduction Week is also for second or third year bachelor students, master students, students doing an internship, or a PHD.
- I have food restrictions, will this be taken into account?
Yes, during all the dinners allergies/diets will be taken into account, so you don’t have to worry about this.
- Can I join activities of the ESN Introduction Week without a wristband?
No, most activities you can only join if you have an ESN wristband. For the parties we will be selling tickets at the door as well, these will be €5.00.
- Do I have to print my ticket or can I show it on my phone as well?
You don’t have to print it. Showing the ticket on your phone is also fine.
- Can I reserve a ticket for the Welcoming Days, when online ticket sale is closed?
No, we don’t reserve tickets. During the Welcoming Days it’s first come, first served.
- Until when can I buy a ticket online?
You can buy a ticket online until the 30th of January, 12.00 (noon).
- When I buy a ticket during the Welcoming Day of the UG or Hanze, can I pay by card?
Yes, you can pay by card. We accept almost all foreign bank cards. Of course you can also pay cash.
- Do I have to participate in every activity?
Of course it’s the most fun when you participate in every activity. This way you will get to know many new people and make new friends. But of course it’s up to you. If you are not a big fan of parties for example, then that is also fine.
FAQ Introduction Week
- Where can I buy a ticket?