What to do when you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19:
It is important to first find out whether you are protected against COVID-19 or not. This will determine whether you need to be quarantined and what rules apply to you.
When am I protected?
You are sufficiently protected against COIVD-19 if you:
• Have had your 2nd shot with the AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna vaccine 14 days or more ago.
• Have had 1 shot with one of these vaccines 14 days or more ago and before that you have already had corona.
• Have had 1 shot of the Janssen vaccine 28 days or more ago.
• Have had corona within the past 6 months (180 days) and you were tested positive for corona, for example, in a GGD test lane (so not with a self-test).
Are you protected against COVID-19? Then read part A.
Are you not protected against COVID-19? Then read part B.
I am protected, what should I do?
You are protected against corona and therefore do not need to go into quarantine. However, it is important to keep a close eye on your health. If you experience complaints that fit with corona such as:
• Cold symptoms: runny nose, sneezing, sore throat
• Shortness of breath
• Sudden loss of smell and/or taste
Then make a test appointment at the GGD via 0800-1202. Do the same if you have previously been tested negative or if you have new health problems. Never use a self-test in case of complaints.
I am not protected, what should I do?
Because you are not yet protected against COVID-19 and can, therefore, still become ill, you should immediately go into quarantine at home.
Get tested at the GGD 5 days after your last contact with the person who has corona. If the test result is negative, you may get out of quarantine. If the test result is positive, you have to stay in quarantine and follow the general rules by the government. Make an appointment for testing at the GGD via 0800-1202 or via coronatest.nl.
If you are out of quarantine, be extra careful up to 10 days after contact with the person with corona: keep 1.5 meters away from other people, avoid crowded places, and avoid contact with vulnerable people.
If you have any questions regarding the regulations, please contact David Kraandijk at +31 6 34658857.