Get involved

Student Psychologists

University of Groningen
Many students encounter study- or phase of life problems during their studies. For example, they experience stress complaints, struggle with their identity or feel anxious or depressed. In such cases, you can contact the psychologists of the Student Service Centre (SSC).

The psychologists can help students and PhD students from the University of Groningen with:

  • Problems relating to your studies, such as stress
  • Psychological problems, such as anxiety or depression
  • Phase of life problems, such as issues relating to your identity

You can find everything here (you have to log in first).

Hanze University of Applied Sciences
Your time as a student is – apart from being exciting and interesting – also a period of great personal development. During this period, either because of unexpected circumstances or because of changes within yourself, things can happen that may have an impact on your psychological health and well-being and influence your ability to study. 

The student psychologist does not focus on treating severe (pre-existing) psychological disorders. They use a solution-oriented approach, aimed at keeping psychological problems from getting worse and maintaining your role as a student, to prevent dropout. If necessary, the student psychologist can refer you to the GP and/or a mental healthcare organisation.

Making use of the student psychologist is free of charge for all Hanze UAS students. You can find more information here